QUESTION: Bob from South Carolina writes:
"Charlie, in my business, I don't sell any Halloween stuff (I'm a real estate attorney), but was wondering if there was still a way to take advantage of Halloween marketing? Can you help me?"
Hi Bob, thank you for your GREAT question!
A strategic entrepreneur always looks for opportunities that exist inside of the conversation already going on inside your clients' heads. As we come close to Halloween, this is a great time to leverage this holiday to make some creative marketing material.
As a real estate attorney, you could send your prospects and clients articles along these ideas (for example):
- The Scary Truth About Title Insurance (What Most Attorney's Don't Tell You)
- Why Your Worst Nightmare Might Be Around the Corner (this could be an article about ways people might be able to protect their properties, investments, etc.)
- Do You Have Skeletons In Your Closet? (perhaps an article about disclosures and what you do about it)
- Are You Buying a Haunted House? What Every Buyer Needs to Know Before Buying Their Dream Home (this would be a GREAT topic for a press release)
- How to Prevent Your Buyers From Sucking the Life Out of the Transaction (this could be a letter to mortgage brokers as a lead generation tool for yourself)
These articles can be used for lead generation, press releases, to further the relationship with your client, or to inspire more business with a time-limited offer (this could be a discount, bundled service, or even a product bonus [such as a free book]).
If you want to consider offering a discount, here's an example of how you could create a Halloween themed service at a discount. I know many real estate attorneys also assist in the forming of real estate trusts for the benefit of protecting a property - one idea might be: "This Halloween, you don't need another nightmare. Real estate trusts... (explain the benefit). And, as a preferred client, when you call me to schedule an appointment by November 5th, I'll take 10% off my regular rate."
Hope this helps!
In your corner,
P.S. As a valued Insiders' Club Member, I'm fiercely committed to helping you get "unstuck" and realizing all the potential that exists in your business. Do you have another question you'd like me to answer? Click "Ask Charlie!"